Saturday, February 18, 2012

You put your arms around me and I'm home...

Christmas Break  in Florida and Indiana

            I got in the day before Christmas Eve, which meant I was able to get in much needed last minute shopping.  J  God bless malls open the eve of a major holiday.  I spent more than I ever had in my life.  And that’s okay, because for the first time I had the money to really get my family, friends, and loved ones what they deserved.  Plus… I realized how much just being around these people made me happy.  Enjoyed my joint Christmas celebrations with Nate’s family and my own.  Always love opening presents with family.  That will probably never ever change.

            The day after Christmas was spent packing and traveling to Florida.  I was blessed to have the opportunity to spend a week with Nate’s family with their grandparents in their beautiful Florida summer home.  Lots of time was spent on the beach, shuffle boarding, shopping, and lounging around.  My favorite moments had to be the ones where I got to just be calm, quiet, and relaxed.  Guess that’s what a vacation is for eh?
Nate and I even managed a fancy dinner date in during the week. 
 On New Year’s Eve the family went to  Busch Gardens.  I spent the day riding roller coasters and seeing all sorts of animals.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE riding rollercoasters!  And with Nate’s brother and dad, I was in great company.  There was even a fireworks show that night at midnight.  What a great way to ring in the New Year.

 During my final week of break I spent driving all over central Indiana visiting friends and family that I’d missed this past year in Alaska.  Grabbing lunches with gal pals from freshman year.  Starbucks gab fests with a fellow former RA staff member and friend.  Lunch and planning session with a fellow woman of God.  Chipotle with my favorite little man and best friend.  I even got in a slumber party with my bestie complete with future planning, pinteresting, and slushies.  It was sooo good to see people that I love. 


The day before I left it was more family, Shelly, and Nate time.  I cried when I was saying goodbye to everyone… I think it’s because this time it’s not as easy saying goodbye.  I know the adventure I was heading back to.  And I’d tasted what it’s like back home again.  But spring break (THE WEEK NATE WILL VISIT) and summer break (MEXICO MISSION TRIP/BUCKET LISTING) are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment